Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 Weeks Under My Belt

I just finished my first two weeks on night shift and am now on my six days off!  Night shift is interesting, it is a bit slower paced but still very busy.  I have discovered that the first night is the hardest in terms of sleep.  I can't sleep late the morning of work, wake up at 10am at the latest and then basically stay up for 24 hours.  Kind of stinks but makes the second day of sleep easier.  I haven been able to fall asleep easily when I get home in the morning but wake up 4 or 5 times.

During the night, the hardest thing to do is eat.  I do NOT feel like eating a full meal at 1am when I take my "lunch" but it seems to be working out okay.

Well I survived and I realize I definitely can survive on night shift so that is good!

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

congrats!! Only two more, right?? See you soon!