Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Having a puppy . . . similar to a baby?

I have decided that having a puppy is somewhat similar (or good practice at least) to having children on a much smaller scale.

So here are my comparisons:
  • In the early stages there is the random night time wake-ups
  • My husband and I now talk about pooping and peeing as one of our main topics of conversation
  • Rearranging schedules in order to take care of the dog
  • Taking the puppy for play dates and trying to find my puppy "friends" to play with
  • Unsolicited advice from strangers on how to raise my puppy
These are just some of the things I have noticed since having a puppy . . . oh how things changed since Nellie came along.

Here is an updated pic of Nellie at 14 weeks.

1 comment:

Gertie said...

Aww.. you puppy is so adorable! And having a puppy is indeed similar to having a baby. My hubby and I made changes especially when we travel as in pet friendly hotels or not much traveling since we had our basset. But it's definately a joy. Best of luck in being puppy parents!

gertie