Saturday, September 27, 2008

Delicious Recipe

I have been a cooking maniac today. First, I made and froze homemade chili (YUM) and then for dinner I made this spicy pasta sauce from a recipe my mom sent. The sauce was delicious so I thought I would share!

Bon Appetit!

Spicy Tomato Sauce

3 T. olive oil
1 small onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup pitted Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
2 T. drained capers, rinsed
salt to taste
generous pinch of red pepper flakes
28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed

In a large skillet heat the oil over a medium high flame. When almost smoking, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and add the olives, capers, salt, and red pepper flakes. Saute for one minute. Add the tomatoes and simmer until reduced slightly, about 20 minutes. Check seasonings and adjust if necessary.

(This is delicious with penne or rigatoni)

1 comment:

cadre said...

Glad you like it! It is one of our weeknight favorites as it is so quick to put together.

Sounds like you filled some of that free time with some great cooking! That is always one of my favorite things to do too.
Love, Mom