Friday, February 20, 2009

Compliments get you everywhere . . .

Today was my very last day of Med-Surg clinical. It was absolutely, hands down, my favorite clinical so far. I loved the floor I was on, my classmates were fantastic, my clinical instructor was phenomenal and the nurses were great!

So as I mentioned in my last post, my patient yesterday had no eye. This person was so wonderful and inspiring. They had had a tumor in the orbit of their skull, it was removed but then they had to go through 7 more years of repairs/surgeries until this newest surgery that was done. Like I mentioned previously, it was a fantastic experience and I got to do all sorts of fun nursing duties. Well, at the end of each day I always say how nice it was to meet my patient and good luck with everything. Today my patient told me that likewise it was great to meet me and that they appreciated all that I did for them over the last two days. As I was leaving the room, the patient calls me back in, looked me in the eye and said "Julia, you are really good at what you do." That is definitely one of the best compliments I have received. What a wonderful way to end my Med-Surg Clinical! Thank you patient.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Jules!! That is so sweet and must have been really wonderful to hear. You will be the best nurse!!

cadre said...

I can feel the love. You are so good with people and this man must have been pretty special.