Thursday, February 19, 2009

LOTS of Updates!

So it has been a while and I have many updates. First, here are some pictures from when Steve visited. He got here last Friday, we went to Iggie's for pizza and then to my favorite bar, Brewers Art for a beer. Saturday we went out to dinner at La Scala where we shared a delicious grilled caesar salad (so good) and a delicious pasta dish with shrimp in a red sauce. It was a very happy Valentine's.




Sunday we ventured to Boordy Vineyards for their monthly theme of wine and fondue. The fondue was tasty but we realized that Maryland wine holds nothing on Washington! It was lots of fun but we didn't even buy a bottle!



Monday, I dropped Steve off at the airport and it was back to school for me! As I mentioned in my previous post, I am now done with my Med-Surg (Adult Health) class and get to start Pediatrics on Monday! I just got my clinical assignment and I will be in the Center for Pediatric and Adolescent Rehabilitation at Mt. Washington. It will definitely be a good experience and help get me prepared for my real career in pediatrics!

This week I am still in Med-Surg for clinical and my patient was very interesting today . . . my patient had no eye. It was a very odd experience but very interesting. I got to do flap checks, change a wound dressing, discontinue an IV, suction a trach patient and admin a bunch of meds. As always, I had a great clinical day and tomorrow is my last day!

Tomorrow is Friday and then on to the weekend! Just 22 more days until Spring Break and another trip to Seattle.

1 comment:

cadre said...

22 days and counting! We can't wait to have you home again. It seems like you are already a real nurse, with so much responsibility, and I know you are wonderful at your job. I'm so glad you finally get to hang out with the kiddies! They will LOVE you!