Friday, February 6, 2009

2 More Weeks

I just finished week 5 with just two more weeks for my adult health class. Also Steve comes a week from today so I am REALLY looking forward to that!

My week went well, had another exam (I feel like I have one every week), got a bit of work done and had a great week at clinical.

This week brought a very wonderful patient! The patient was the sweetest and I got to do some more suctioning and do quite a few meds. I had her on Thursday and Friday. I picked up a second patient today and got him situated and discharged. Also, just before I left today I got to change a dressing on my classmates patient's skin graft site. It was pretty neat, quite bloody and it hurt the patient a lot (for which I feel bad). They were a trooper and we got it changed! It took a whole hour but it was definitely a very cool experience and great practice!

Oh and my funny story of the week is that I went into my patient's room, getting him ready for discharge and asked him how comfortable he felt doing drain care at home (one of his surgical sites had a drain). He looked at me, smiled and said "Oh I feel great about it, considering the doctors just came in and pulled it out!" I couldn't help but laugh . . . oops!

1 comment:

cadre said...

Your patients are so lucky to have you taking care of them!
Love, Mom