Saturday, January 31, 2009

Misc. Update

I just completed week 4 of school which means that I am more than halfway done with my adult health rotation, just 3 weeks left!

This week was slightly uneventful. I had another test which went well. School this week was interrupted by a random snow/ice storm that left us with a day off on Wednesday. It seemed nice at the time until we received word that the lecture would instead be posted for our listening pleasure and yes, it would be on the quiz this weekend.

Clinical this week was a good one. My patient had had a partial glossectomy (part of the tongue removed) related to cancer of the tongue (don't smoke). Mostly all I did on Thursday and Friday was push heavy narcotics that before we weren't even allowed to look at. I pushed fentanyl and dilaudid in excessive amounts. I am now an expert in pushing medications IV.

No comments: