Saturday, January 17, 2009

Obama!!

My friend Julia and I braved the elements today and headed out to hear Barack Obama speak in Baltimore. I debated whether to go but in the end I decided that this was a part of history I did not want to miss out on (despite the below freezing temperatures). Below are a few pictures of us getting progressively colder and more bundled as the hours passed.



We arrived to wait at about 10:30, were ushered through security at 1pm and were in position for more waiting by 1:30. It was a beautiful day though and they did their best to provide entertainment for us while waiting until Obama's arrival at 4:15pm!



While we waited various forms of entertainment were made available. We worked out with some trainer that once met Ray Lewis who encouraged us to exercise and eat our vegetables. Fortunately the calisthenics worked and actually returned blood flow to my toes.



Next this fantastic gospel choir came . . . I made a short video. Please excuse my shaky hands on all my videos. I did my best with my camera.



Finally was the time, we could hear the motorcade arrive. It was really amazing to see Obama speak. He has such a powerful presence. Below are my pictures and a few short videos of various parts of his speech. I can't wait to see the inauguration!





2 comments:

jen and brian said...

WOW jules...I'm so happy you decided to go! I bet it will be a day you will never forget!! So cool...

cadre said...

You made a great choice and it will be a memory forever. I'm so glad you got to see this! It was wonderful even on television so I can only imagine what it was like in person!