Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School

After a three week hiatus I am back in school. I started class again today and it looks like it will be an interesting quarter.
My classes this time are:
  • Nursing for Adult Physical Health (1st 7 weeks)
  • Nursing for Child Health (2nd 7 weeks)
  • The Research Process in Nursing (All 14 weeks)
  • Information Technology in Nursing (All 14 weeks)
My two clinical courses are the adult physical health and child health. I will be starting in the Surgical Oncology unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital. I am super excited although I can't really say I know 100% what that means. I will also get to do an OR day which I am REALLY looking forward to!!

My winter break went by WAY too quickly but I got to do a lot AND I only have about 7 months left until the big graduation day.

I got three weeks off, spent time in Lynden with my family and time in Seattle with Steve and friends. Below are some pictures from my trip! Enjoy!

The trip started out with Tea with the Ladies at the Sorrento Hotel in Seattle. (I am the one hiding in the back).
After that I headed up to Lynden for a week with the parents and LOTS of snow!

After heading back to Seattle, Steve took me to my first Seahawks game . . . and Holmgren's last. We also enjoyed the snow and the bonfire in Kirkland with Steve's family.

Christmas Eve was spent at the Ramsey's and Christmas Day in Lynden. It was even more fun than usual with everyone visiting and little Rian running around! The time with family was invaluable.

Steve and I also enjoyed the snow at my parents house and created our very own, very large snowman.

New Year's Eve dinner, compliments of Chef Stephen . . . HAPPY NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

jen and brian said...

Vacation seems like it was so long ago already! Crazy!! Can't wait to hear about your new classes!